NEW BUILDING = NEW & IMPROVED OPPORTUNITIES
The dictionary defines ‘core’ as a basic, essential, or enduring part of something. The Alliance has provided enduring collaboration and essential services in southwest Missouri since its inception over 20 years ago.
Over the course of 20 years, the Alliance has served more than 134,400 people in a four county area. We have also rented space at numerous locations, always temporarily. In 2019, the Alliance received the generous donation of a building located at 1601 S. Wall. The building was originally constructed in 1906 by the congregation of the First Church of Christ Scientist. In the 2000’s it briefly became the home of Faith Fellowship Church and, temporarily, Impact Life Church. At large, the facility has remained vacant in recent years with the exception of the National Alliance of Mental Health (NAMI) occupying a small portion of office space. The facility is historical in nature and structurally unique for the time of its construction due to the use of concrete blocks. The total gross building area is 14,816 square feet. This represents significantly more space than previously occupied by the Alliance and for a fraction of the operating and overhead cost.
A new building not only represents a permanent home for the Alliance but, more importantly, new opportunities to better serve children, families, and the communities of southwest Missouri. We hope to raise $1,500,000 to renovate 14,816 sq ft of existing space.
Renovated facility space will enable the Alliance to provide…
- A conference room for collaborative work
- An auditorium for conferences and events
- A meeting hall for parenting classes and community trainings
- Child care rooms to accommodate the parents and caregivers while participating in classes
- A functional kitchen for preparing and serving meals
- On-site storage for programs
- Incubator space for social service agencies and not for profit organizations
- Administrative offices
Goal 1: Make a greater impact on kids and families
- Offer more opportunities onsite
- Increase educational programming by expanding space for direct services and future program growth
- Improve prevention initiatives by expanding space for collaborative activities
Goal 2: Improve as a community resource
- Enhance stewardship of existing resources through long-term cost savings
- Increase availability as a community resource by developing appropriate space for meetings, events, and incubation
Goal 3: Establish a permanent, physical home in southwest Missouri
- Create consistency by establishing a recognizable and permanent location for services
- Address traditional storage obstacles by centralizing storage
- Contribute to the revitalization of the surrounding neighborhood
Your support is at the core of the work we do to make southwest Missouri the safest place for children to thrive. With your help, we can make 1601 the core of the community.