Are you passionate about keeping the kids and families in your community safe? Are you looking to join a growing team with a clear mission and ambitious goals? Do you love building relationships, engaging with community leaders, and driving a communications strategy?
If your answer is yes, we’d love to consider you for a key role at The Alliance of Southwest Missouri. The Alliance of Southwest Missouri is one of 20 Missouri Community partnerships that exist to improve the health and safety of children and families and is seeking a Coalition & Program Coordinator to join its team in Joplin, Missouri. This crucial role will be responsible for cultivating strategic partnerships in our region through facilitating community coalition meetings to identify and address community need. This role will also be responsible for overseeing our Full Potential program.
What you’ll do
- Develop, implement and manage the operation of four community coalitions
- Expand the number and diversity of coalition membership base, in order to have greater input from the stakeholders of the community the coalition serves
- Assist coalition with overall outreach to improve meeting/event success
- Coordinate the development and manage coalition budgets
- Work with community groups, schools, community leaders and stakeholders
- Receive, review and approve financial assistance applications
- Communicate with parents and program directors about student extracurricular participation
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, community planning, social work, or a related field; equivalent experience may be considered
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and partnerships
- Experience with planning and executing community events
- Great organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and independently
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Google Suite
How to apply
Please fill out the application form on this page. Make sure to list at least 3 references. We are eager to hear from you!