Are you passionate about keeping the kids and families in your community safe? Are you looking to join a growing team with a clear mission and ambitious goals? Do you love building relationships, engaging with community leaders, and driving a communications strategy?
If your answer is yes, we’d love to consider you for a key role at the Alliance of Southwest Missouri. The Alliance of Southwest Missouri is one of 20 Missouri Community Partnerships that exist to improve the health and safety of children and families, and is seeking someone to join its team in Joplin, Missouri. This role will be two-fold, serving as a driving instructor and coordinating our Sources of Strength suicide prevention program in area schools.
What you’ll do as a driving instructor
- Instruct driving courses for students
- Teach lesson plans and administer tests
- Evaluate work and evaluate their progress, providing feedback as needed
- Provide behind-the-wheel driving lessons for students
- Report progress to students’ parents
What you’ll do as a program coordinator
- Train school staff and students with fidelity in Sources of Strength curriculum
- Utilize the Sources of Strength Field Guide to provide activities, templates, and other resources to peer leaders
- Build and maintain relationships with area school administrators
- Establish and grow communication with peer leaders
- Support staff and students in planning and executing Sources of Strength campaigns
What you’ll need
- Passion for working with adolescents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant driver’s license and clean driving record
- Driving instructor certification (provided by the Alliance)
- Strong teaching and communication skills
- Spanish language skills (preferred)
How to apply
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to hear from you!