Are you passionate about keeping the kids and families in your community safe? Are you looking to join a growing team with a clear mission and ambitious goals? Do you love building relationships, engaging with community leaders, and driving a communications strategy?
If your answer is yes, we’d love to consider you for a key role at The Alliance of Southwest Missouri. The Alliance of Southwest Missouri is one of 20 Missouri Community partnerships that exist to improve the health and safety of children and families and is seeking an Executive Assistant to join its team in Joplin, Missouri. This crucial role will provide high-level administrative support to the organization’s Executive Director by conducting research, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings. This position also performs Human Resource functions.
What you’ll do
- Assist with planning major meetings, attends meetings, takes minutes, and follow through on matters requiring correspondence
- Provide pro-active support to management team based upon identified priorities
- Transcribes, prepares and composes correspondence, reports and other materials, for the management team; meeting deadlines and ensuring correctness and accuracy
- Act as organization’s Human Resources officer
- Maintains employee files, including benefits paperwork
- Ensures all employee paperwork is completed and turned in to the appropriate benefits agency in a timely manner
- Performs orientation for new employees and volunteers
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; equivalent experience may be considered
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and partnerships
- Excellent organizational abilities to locate, document information and to coordinate meetings, conferences or activities
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgement in significant matters
- Ability to anticipate needs of executive staff
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite (Work, Excel, and Outlook) and Google Suite
How to apply
Please fill out the application form on this page. Make sure to list at least 3 references. We are eager to hear from you!