A Parent’s Story

Mark Bauer’s father, Phil Bauer, writes:  “A few year ago, my life was changed forever.  On May 27, 2004, my youngest son, Mark, was a week away from graduating from high school.  Mark’s day went something like this:  He woke up and went to school and played in the student/staff basketball game.  When he came home from school he lifted weights and ate dinner.  He then went to work and returned home at about 9:30 that night.  When he got home, Mark talked to us about the game that day, we knew what a special day it had been for him.

That was the last conversation we ever had with Mark….  He never work up the next day.  On Friday, May 28, 2004, his mom and I found his life less body in bed.  Mark died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, including OxyContin and morphine.”

As America faces an explosive prescription drug abuse problem, parents need to be aware that their family medicine cabinet and the Internet have become today’s back alley drug dealers.  Teens need to understand that abusing prescription drugs is every bit as dangerous as abusing ‘street’ drugs.

For additional information and the source of this information can be found at: www.GetSmartAboutDrugs.com

No Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

©2013 Alliance SWMO. All rights reserved. Designed By MyModernWeb.com

User Login