Safe Kids Worldwide
What is Safe Kids?
Safe Kids Worldwide® is a program working to help families and communities keep kids safe from injuries. Most people are surprised to learn preventable injuries are the #1 killer of kids in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable.
What Topics Does Safe Kids Cover?
Safe Kids covers a variety of topics for childhood preventive injury, and they are broken down into three categories:
- Home Safety
- Water and drowning
- Poison and medication
- Sleep and suffocation
- Home appliances (furniture tip overs, falls, cord strangulation).
- Car and Road Safety
- Car and booster seats
- Drivers education
- Being in, and around, cars
- Sports and Play Safety
- Bikes, skating and skateboards
How Do We Help?
- Drivers education programs
- Promote fire safety through our educational puppet shows and use of our smoke van
- Monthly car seat workshops
- Host educational workshops for children
- Annual Safe Kids Downtown Dash (a fun run and safety fair)
Sign Up for Our Car Seat Workshop
To learn more about Safe Kids Worldwide, please contact Mark Box at (417)-782-9899, or at email@example.com