Do you love children and have a heart for families? The Alliance of Southwest Missouri is looking for individuals who will watch over and interact with children while their parents are participating in parenting classes. This is a seasonal position. The classes will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 – 7:30 and run from September 14, 2021 – November 23, 2021 at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
The Childcare Assistant is responsible for providing compassionate childcare during evening parenting classes. This position must be committed to providing top-quality care and creative activities for children who are enrolled in our program. Our goal is to enhance the lives of every child that attends our program. The Childcare Assistant reports to the assigned Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide creative activities; maintain a safe environment
- Develop a cleaning routine throughout the evening that keeps all of the interactive areas sanitary and safe
- Monitor children during activities, and interact with the children to enhance their experience
- Work with the Program Director to maintain communication with parents, and contact parents in emergency situations.
Education, Work, and Skill Requirements:
- Attending High School, diploma/GED, or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening is required
- Caring and compassionate attitude is a must
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit on the floor
- Must be able to get up from the floor independently
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on the telephone
- Sitting, standing, and walking for long periods of time
- Register with, and undergo, annual background screenings at the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR)
- This job operates on offsite properties where parenting classes are provided.
- $10.50 per hour
How to Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Mary Jo at email@example.com