At The Alliance, we take a developmental, relational approach to correcting societal issues, such as poverty, childhood abuse and neglect, and violence and substance abuse.
We have three key service categories:
Each of these categories is comprised of numerous programs — each with specific goals and target populations. Since 1998, The Alliance has evolved and grown tremendously in an effort to better serve our local communities. We now offer activities and programs to a four-county service area at minimal or no cost to qualifying residents. We are the hand up to the children and families of Southwest Missouri, and will continue to work hand in hand with our many outstanding community partners and neighbor agencies.
The Alliance of Southwest Missouri is a 501(c)3 organization. Contributions may be deductible for federal income tax purposes.
How Many People Do We Impact?
In FY 2015 - 2016:
Our Four Coalitions:
- 330 car seats checked
- 247 car seats donated
- 38 fire safety events
- 360 smoke detectors provided to families
- 20 teen safety events
- 4 interventions held with teen fire-setters
McDonald County-Based Child Abuse Prevention:
- 48 clients received help with basic essentials
- 38 received help with housing
- 66 received help with parenting and relationship report
- 68 received coping skills and trauma recovery training
- 230 received transportation assistance
Division of Youth Service Mentoring:
- 9 centers were assisted
- 12 support groups were held
- 35 centers received CPR training