The Alliance advances the well-being of kids and the grown-ups in their lives. We champion critical issues, align leaders, and deliver solutions where they’re needed most.
We exist to prevent and alleviate childhood trauma in Southwest Missouri and promise to do what needs to be done to keep the kids in our community safe.
The Alliance won’t stop until Southwest Missouri is a dynamic, safe community where kids and grown-ups thrive.
Since 1998, The Alliance has evolved and grown tremendously to serve our local communities better. We offer activities and programs to a four-county service area at minimal or no cost to qualifying residents. We are the hand-up to the children and families of Southwest Missouri and will continue to work hand in hand with our many outstanding community partners and neighbor agencies.
The Alliance of Southwest Missouri is a 501(c)3 organization. Contributions may be deductible for federal income tax purposes.
How Many People Do We Impact?
In FY 2015 - 2016:
Our Four Coalitions:
- 330 car seats checked
- 247 car seats donated
- 38 fire safety events
- 360 smoke detectors provided to families
- 20 teen safety events
- 4 interventions held with teen fire-setters
McDonald County-Based Child Abuse Prevention:
- 48 clients received help with basic essentials
- 38 received help with housing
- 66 received help with parenting and relationship report
- 68 received coping skills and trauma recovery training
- 230 received transportation assistance
Division of Youth Service Mentoring:
- 9 centers were assisted
- 12 support groups were held
- 35 centers received CPR training