What is Educare?
The purpose of the Educare program is to improve the quality of child care and early learning programs. Educare provides resources, technical assistance, and training opportunities to child care providers who care for children receiving Child Care Subsidy (with an emphasis on family home providers).
The Educare Program’s mission is to support, educate, and provide resources to improve the program quality of child care and early learning programs serving children receiving Child Care Subsidy.
The Educare Program’s vision is that all child care and early learning programs will have knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices and the skills to implement comprehensive early childhood programming to support children’s development and strengthen families.
- Professional development opportunities for child care providers
- Individualized home visits for family child care providers
- Customized center-based training
- Supporting coordination of existing community resources to optimize funding
- Linking child care providers and families to schools and community resources
- Increasing consumer awareness of the role quality child care has in the development of children
What Does Educare Include?
- Strengthening the ability of child care providers to offer developmentally appropriate early care and education activities and programs
- Developing and expanding school-linked, integrated services to serve young children; focusing on the special needs of children from low-income families
- Encouraging parental involvement and participation with their child’s developmental process
- Drawing on community leadership for design, implementation and continued involvement to improve early child care and education systems
- Creating programs that are designed to meet the unique needs of communities
To learn more about Educare, please contact Kim Burnett at (417) 782-9899 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.